Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

BB10 on PlayBook?

I noticed when you goto submit a BB10 app you have the options of submitting your app to both DevAlpha and Playbook.

Does that mean that those testing the applications already have Playbooks with BB10 installed in order to test those applications?

My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: BB10 on PlayBook?

no, I have a PlayBook for development purpose but I don't have BB10 installed. It's neither available on the PlayBook  nor on the DevAlpha device. The dev alpha is running on a modified Tablet OS in version 10.x.x

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer

[ Edited ]

@Irrm if you go to App World Vendor portal and submit or update an app you can chose OS: BB10 Device: PlayBook.

I'm not asking if developers have access to BB10 on Playbook. I'm saying if you can submit a BB10 app for Playbook(which I did). How are those who approve the Apps going to review them unless they can run BB10 on a Playbook?

My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: O2

I think they just need a Playbook with the same Tablet OS release which is on the Dev Alpha.

I would like to get such an image for my Playbook so I could test a Cascades app on it.

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

got you point... it's obvious that RIM uses newer versions of the OS... but I think they'll take care of keeping the frameworks running, no matter if tablet os 2.1 or bb10

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer

@tw_ I submitted a BB10 app and was told it worked on the DevAlpha but wouldn't open on the BB10 Playbook.

Hmm, ok. 

But I wonder how we are supposed to test Cascades apps or other apps which require newer runtime libs before the release of BB10 for Playbook then?

Developer
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

hi

dont worry we are very soon going to get another update which willl include newer runtime libs and some more multimedia features.,after that we will be able to test our cascade apps and other bb10 apps on our dev alphas.

thankyou

Developer
Developer

Yes I know about the Dev Alpha. But the Playbook has a different resolution. I would like to test my app on both.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BB10 for the PlayBook will not occur until after BB10 phones are released around February. We will likely get a developers OS version for the PlayBook after that point. If you are using the CSS in BB10, it should take some little tweaks to adjust for the BB10 version of the PlayBook. Further, if you use the DPI of the device as a metric for sizing, then you are probably 99% there.