Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

Bar is Not AUTHOR Signed

Hi,

I'm trying to manually sign my 10.1 SDK built bar file using the following which returns "Bar Signed" when run. 

"C:\bbndk\host_10_2_0_15\win32\x86\usr\bin\blackberry-signer" -bbidtoken Mybbidtoken.csk -storepass $MYPASS$ MyApp-1_0_0_5.bar RDK

howver when I try and publish it to Blackberry world I'm getting the following error upon uploading it.

"Bar is Not AUTHOR Signed"

Thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bar is Not AUTHOR Signed

Try this:

blackberry-signer  -storepass $MYPASS$ MyApp-1_0_0_5.bar

That should be all you need, assuming your BlackBerry ID Token and author.p12 are in the default locations.

• Windows XP:  %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion
  • Mac OS:  ~/Library/Research In Motion
  • Unix / Linux:  ~/.rim

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

that seemed to have resolved the problem for Vender "A"  however the same problem exisits with the other vendor "B".  If I rebuild Vendor "B" app using the 10.2 sdk and let the ide sign then it works fine,  however if I build for 10.1. SDK and manually sign then it doesn't work for Vendor "B" and I am gettng the same error "Bar is not AUTHOR Signed" 

This is very frustrating any help would be greatly apprecuated.  I'm not sure what I could have done wrong.  I created a new developer cert for Vendor "B"., and downloaded the appropriate BBIDToken.csk from within the ide,  same as I did for vendor "A" which is working,  the only difference between Vendor "A" and Vendor "B" is that vendor "A" used to use the code signing keys, however I assumed that using the command link I could properly link a 10.1 sdk build using just the author.p12 and bbidtoken.csk

thanks,

thank you..

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!

Before building the application did you change the author.p12 the IDE is pointing to?  Go to Window, Preferences, expand BlackBerry click on Signing.  Is the correct Developer Certificate with correct vendor B info listed?

Mark Sohm

Developer

Hi,

I actually did a Restore from the same dialog window,upon which I saw that the devloper cert changed to reflect Vendor "B",  If I rebuild for 10.2 SDK and let the ide do the code signing then everything works.  IF I puclish fr 10.1 and manaully sign from the command line then no error messages until I upload to Blackberry world. 

As I've yet to publish anything for real for vendor "B" I could try and recreate a new developer cert and also redownload the BBIDToken.csk if you think that would help.

Thanks,

P.S. if I rename the .bar to .zip on the file that is giving the no AUTHOR name error and then look into the manifest.nf I do infact see something within the Author name and id. which reflects vendor "B"

Developer

Could the fact that Vendor "A" has both older code signing keys and bbidtoken.csk installed and Vendor "B" only relying on the newer BBIDToken.csk be doing something the mess up the manual code signing of 10.1 sdk build .bars?

not sure but thought I would just mention

In 10.2, if the BlackBerry ID token exists it should use that over the barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files.

Can you run this command on a bar file where you are getting the author signed error and paste the output (censor the filenames if you like).

blackberry-signer -verify -verbose filename.bar

Mark Sohm

Developer

Hi Mark,

Sorry it was my mistake,  I forgot to remove the RDK option from the second bat file which I had created for vendor "B" now that I have removed it I'm not longer getting any error..

Thanks so much for your great, dedicated , and superb support..

No problem! Glad to hear you are signing away now. Smiley Happy
Mark Sohm