11-29-2012 04:51 PM
Anyone else notice some weirdness with the latest Beta 4 update to the Dev Alpha? I did my update OTA early this morning, and was very impressed how smooth it went compared to the Desktop update ordeal last time.
I have the latest 10.0.9.1103 OS installed according to the about screen. While overall I've noticed a huge speed improvement in the responsiveness of the apps and the whole OS, I've noticed a few weird things:
- The Hub still says 'Coming Soon', and I'm not able to do anything in the Hub. I don't even see any message when I enable debugging, which the release notes state should appear in the Hub. The Led does blink for a time though, which seems to imply a notification is there...
- When using BBM the LED no longer blinks when I receive new messages, even though I have LED notifications turned on in the settings. This seems like a regression from the last update where the LED notifications worked.
- The keyboard keypress volume does not seem affected by the System Volume settings and I cannot seem to turn it down or off.
- Problems linking some contacts that were previously linked between BBM and my Gmail contacts. The BBM contact seems to be empty, with no name displayed but I cannot unlink it from the gmail contact and the contact does not display the BBM pin. When I try to unlink them and click save, exit Contacts and go back in and they are still linked.
- The camera no longer has any options for turning on the built-in LED flash on my Dev Alpha A.
I'm wondering if this is related to the OTA upgrade vs reflashing new from the Desktop software. Anyone seen any similar issues?
11-30-2012 12:30 AM
For me alos the same.
Is the Micro Sim is working for anyone??
11-30-2012 08:12 AM
11-30-2012 08:19 AM - edited 11-30-2012 08:28 AM
I'm having similar problems. BBM app just crashes every me I try to open it and I see that the flash was removed from the camera app. trying to download anything from Blackberry world gives me a error message
11-30-2012 12:51 PM
Works fine with me. I did the BIOS update through USB.
There was a small hiccup trying to get my BlackBerry ID registered. I had to cancel it through the inital setup pages. It didn't seem to like my credentials. When I tried it through the Settings menu, it works fine.
Able to install some apps from the app world. I would assume some aren't recompiled yet so would have issues with this new update.
No hub for me (just a static placement page).
11-30-2012 05:37 PM
My device no longer gets an IP from wifi. Not from public hotspots, my home rounter, or when i tried to hotspot it to my other phone. Anyone else see this?
11-30-2012 06:29 PM - edited 11-30-2012 06:31 PM
BBM works for me (doesn't crash). Is there a place where we can find people to add in for BBM? I want to see what the whole thing is about.
12-02-2012 04:24 AM - edited 12-02-2012 04:25 AM
After I update, I try to wipe my device for clean up. But after it reboot, It shows a Blackberry logo for a hour. I try to hold down an upper bottom for 10-15 sec. It reboot but still have same problem. How should I do? Should I waitting for battery off and connect it to Desktop Manager for repairing?
My Model: Dev Alpha (A)