Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-29-2012 04:51 PM
Anyone else notice some weirdness with the latest Beta 4 update to the Dev Alpha? I did my update OTA early this morning, and was very impressed how smooth it went compared to the Desktop update ordeal last time.
I have the latest 10.0.9.1103 OS installed according to the about screen. While overall I've noticed a huge speed improvement in the responsiveness of the apps and the whole OS, I've noticed a few weird things:
- The Hub still says 'Coming Soon', and I'm not able to do anything in the Hub. I don't even see any message when I enable debugging, which the release notes state should appear in the Hub. The Led does blink for a time though, which seems to imply a notification is there...
- When using BBM the LED no longer blinks when I receive new messages, even though I have LED notifications turned on in the settings. This seems like a regression from the last update where the LED notifications worked.
- The keyboard keypress volume does not seem affected by the System Volume settings and I cannot seem to turn it down or off.
- Problems linking some contacts that were previously linked between BBM and my Gmail contacts. The BBM contact seems to be empty, with no name displayed but I cannot unlink it from the gmail contact and the contact does not display the BBM pin. When I try to unlink them and click save, exit Contacts and go back in and they are still linked.
- The camera no longer has any options for turning on the built-in LED flash on my Dev Alpha A.
I'm wondering if this is related to the OTA upgrade vs reflashing new from the Desktop software. Anyone seen any similar issues?
11-30-2012 12:30 AM
For me alos the same.
Is the Micro Sim is working for anyone??
11-30-2012 08:12 AM
11-30-2012 08:19 AM - edited 11-30-2012 08:28 AM
I'm having similar problems. BBM app just crashes every me I try to open it and I see that the flash was removed from the camera app. trying to download anything from Blackberry world gives me a error message
11-30-2012 12:51 PM
Works fine with me. I did the BIOS update through USB.
There was a small hiccup trying to get my BlackBerry ID registered. I had to cancel it through the inital setup pages. It didn't seem to like my credentials. When I tried it through the Settings menu, it works fine.
Able to install some apps from the app world. I would assume some aren't recompiled yet so would have issues with this new update.
No hub for me (just a static placement page).
11-30-2012 05:37 PM
My device no longer gets an IP from wifi. Not from public hotspots, my home rounter, or when i tried to hotspot it to my other phone. Anyone else see this?
11-30-2012 06:29 PM - edited 11-30-2012 06:31 PM
BBM works for me (doesn't crash). Is there a place where we can find people to add in for BBM? I want to see what the whole thing is about.
12-02-2012 04:24 AM - edited 12-02-2012 04:25 AM
After I update, I try to wipe my device for clean up. But after it reboot, It shows a Blackberry logo for a hour. I try to hold down an upper bottom for 10-15 sec. It reboot but still have same problem. How should I do? Should I waitting for battery off and connect it to Desktop Manager for repairing?
My Model: Dev Alpha (A)