Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobil

BlackBerry OS update corrupting 3rd-party app

Issue:  BlackBerry OS update corrupting 3rd-party app

BlackBerry models:  Verizon Blackberry 9930

OS update pushed OTA from 7.1.0 bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163  Platform  5.1.0.137) to 7.1.0 bundle 2123

3rd-party app is in AppWorld as InaVisit, but in this case is distributed through BES.

Scenario:  App works fine on both OS versions as a clean install.  Problems are occurring when the app is installed prior to the OS update.  After the update, the app settings are cleared out and must be re-entered.  After re-configuring the app (which is a minor task), it appears to work, but does so very erratically.  Every app seems to "corrupt" differently, and we have not been able to identify a pattern.  The remedy is to uninstall/un-push the app, and then re-install the app and it works fine.

To summarize, the app works fine on both versions when installed clean, but has its settings cleared and is somehow corrupted during the OS OTA update.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry OS update corrupting 3rd-party app

Have you implemented backup and restore in your application?  If so, is it using wired or wireless backup/restore?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker