Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Signing Authority on 64 bit Windows 7?

I am migrating from a 32 bit Windows Vista machine to a newer 64-bit Windows7 machine. I can't get the BlackBerry Signing Authority service to start on the new machine. When it works on my older computer it behaves like this:

1. In "services" I right-click on the signing authority and select properties. In the Log On tab-page I confirm that "Allow service to interact with desktop" is checked.
  2. In "services" I then right-click on the signing authority and select start. A progressbar appears.
  3. In Windows's taskbar, a new task starts blinking
  4. I click on the new task and Windows switch to some kind of compatibility mode where I can enter username/password. Then I get back to the normal desktop and the service is started.

On my new machine I can't get passed (2), the start operation just times out.

Is 64-bit Windows 7 supported?

How do I get BlackBerry Signing Authority (websigner.exe) to start on 64-bit Windows7?

Thanks for your kind help.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Signing Authority on 64 bit Windows 7?

Apparently the service "Interactive Service Detection" is not auto-started on 64-bit Windows in the way it was on 32-bit Windows. Once this service is started, the Signing Authority can be started.