Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Generic

Blackberry Phone Simulator with Open-NFC when using Blackberry SDK 7.1

Hi there,

We have just updated our SDK to 7.1 since we would like to start using NFC P2P and SNEP offered in SDK7.1

However, we're having some issues connecting the new 7.1 phone simulators (specifically 9900) to Open-NFC. When using SDK 7.0 we used Open-NFC 4.2.3 as this was the only version of Open-NFC that was compatible with the Blackberry 7.0 phone simulators, and we were able to to various data transfers between Open-NFC test apps and the Blackberry simulator (9930).

We have tried using Open-NFC version 4.2.3, 4.3.1, and 4.3.2, but none of them seems to work with the new Blackberry 7.1 Phone SIms.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Phone Simulator with Open-NFC when using Blackberry SDK 7.1

This is a known issue with the current 7.1 beta BlackBerry smartphone simulators.  NFC simulation cannot be used.  You can verify this in the release notes here:  http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/37041/Known_issues_BB_smrtphn_simulator_186677...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch-9800,bold-9700
My Carrier: airtel

Can u please tell me the steps to test NFC samples given with Blackberry os 7.0.0.33 and 9930 simulator???

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch-9800,bold-9700
My Carrier: airtel

Can u please tell me the steps to test NFC samples given with Blackberry os 7.0.0.33 and 9930 simulator???