Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: 447919206994

Blackberry signing keys

Hi everybody, I am an outside app developer and I have produced some apps for Blackberry using phonegap. Phonegap produce there own signing keys for your own testing of your own apps but if you want to distribute through App world you apply to blackberry for three files in which you turn into signing keys. My Question is what do you use as Blackberry developers to extract the signing keys and how?

Thanks

Will.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry signing keys

Are you using the WebWorks SDK to create an application to install on a BlackBerry Smartphone?  If so, refer to the documentation here for instructions.  https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_your_app_1920008_11.html

If it is a pure online web application code signing keys are not required.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I've requested signing keys and RIM sent me a single CSJ file. When I try to sign my application I'm short one of the CSJ files. Was I suppose to receave two CSJ files from RIM? Also, where does the P12 file come from? Will RIM send me the P12 file or is it created by the registration software? It appears that the conversion proscess is more complicated since OS 2. I had converted my application with the RIM online conversion tool when OS1.8 was the current version. Now the process just seems more complicated.

Any help on this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

You should have received 2 CSJ files.  There was an issue processing some orders on the weekend and only one file was sent out.  I recommend placing a new order.

The p12 file is created by the development tools during the registration process.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: None

Look further down inside the email. I thought they sent me one only actually both were there.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

They finally sent me both files I was able to get my application signed and converted, thanks for the help.