Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Developer

Can someone please clarify code signing or BBIDToken.csk for me..

Hi,

I followed the instruction posted at:

BlackBerry 10 Code Signing Guide for Contractors with Multiple Clients

and I think I did everything correctly,  when I swap one set of companies keys for another and publish everything seems to work fine and no errors or anyting from withn BBworld.  however what confises me it appears that I don't need to use Company "A" keys when I publish to Company "A" vendor account and instead can use whatever keys I want to pubilsh to whatever company vendor account I wish to.  Being able to do this confuses me immensly, as I thinough I would need to install Company "A" keys to pub Company "A" vendor account,  and install Company "B" keys to pub to company "B" vendor account ect..

Am I doing something wrong or is this working correctly..

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Can someone please clarify code signing or BBIDToken.csk for me..

Hi,

I think it is working correctly. I have posted in BB World with the same vendor account different apps signed with different keys.

However if you post for sale an update, then BB World will check if the new release has been signed with the same keys, so updates can work.

To make sure that you've signed the app with the right key you may open the .bar file with an archiver (as it is basically a zip file), go to the META-INF\ directory and check the files. The MANIFEST.MF has the author name and author-id.

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Developer

Hi,

I published using vendor "A" keys, and when I look into the MANIFEST.MF I see that is has the application
Package-Author: VENDOR "B"
Package-Author-Id: IEWIWIOE%^
which is what I have encoded within the .bar file, now where do I see anything within the MANIFEST.MF file about the code singing keys, am I missing something?

Also If I change the author name within the .bar to be Vendor "B" then the debug token seems to match that on my test device..

I think I'm a little confused about this stuff, and would really appreciate some light on the subject if possible..

thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

The author id should be the same whenever you sign with the same key.

While the Package-Author field could be influenced by your project configuration.

By the way, which BB10 development platforms are you using?

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Highlighted
Developer

Hi,

Both 10.1 and 10.2 SDK, cascades within the momentics ide.

the authorID seems to come from the debug token, so is it okay to have several apps from several vendors each using the same authorID and just a different Author name or even the same author name?

thanks,