Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Can't create a debug token for my playbook device

MSohm wrote:

Package-Author and Package-Author-ID can be read in the MANIFEST.MF file located in the meta-inf directory within a BAR file (bar file could be a debug token or application).  You can extract that file using an archive utility such as WinZip.

I guess I didn't explain myself correctily.Going by the example "hello world" blackberry-tablet.xml there is a section that asks:

Unique author ID assigned by signing authority. Required if using debug tokens

<authorId>ABC1234YjsnUk235h</authorId>      <-----Where would I find this ID for me?

I hope this is clearer.

thanks,

james-

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

You can find it in your debug token (using the steps I outlined above).  You can also display this information using the following command line:

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -listManifest yourDebugTokenFile.bar

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

MSohm wrote:

You can find it in your debug token (using the steps I outlined above).  You can also display this information using the following command line:

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -listManifest yourDebugTokenFile.bar

Thanks, I found it. Although I'm not sure exactly where it comes from.

I was a little punchy and frustrated  the other day. Sorry about that. When I read your message again a day later it made more sence to me.

I'm still getting an error "result::failure 881 application author does not match debug token author". What two places is it trying to match?

james-

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The Author-Id in the debug token has to match the Author-Id in the blackberry-tablet.xml file.  Depending on the SDK you are using, you may simply have to press the "copy from debug token" button that appears next to that field in the IDE (when editing the blackberry-tablet.xml file).

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker