Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Can't get BB10 Dev Alpha device going

Hello all,

Hope someone can help me with this in case I missed something obvious.

I can power up the device and it boots into a series of sign in screens. Problem is when I try to log onto my home wifi.  The SSID is hidden and the security password is 43 characters long. (Don't ask)  My older BB OS v6 phone logs onto the network just fine, but this Dev device fails to log onto the network, which means I can't log on with my BB account, or create an account because I need to be connected somehow.  I don't have a micro SIM card either, so the device never goes beyond the Failed to connect screen when it tries to validate my login.  Is there something that I can do, other than to go somewhere with a public wifi ?

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Can't get BB10 Dev Alpha device going

Nevermind, I found out that the real problem was that the device can't connect to a hidden network. Something that the older BB devices had no problem doing.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Can't get BB10 Dev Alpha device going

At http://www.berryreview.com/2012/05/02/blackberry-10-dev-alpha-device-rings-when-you-call-it/ I read that the device comes with a micro SIM card. But mine didn't. Is there anyone at RIM that I can contact to get a micro SIM for this device?