Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Visitor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Kuwait Zain

Code signing key problem: RRT

So I started to develop an app with Blackberry. Everything fine after I want to see the app on the device.

I registered and got the 3 files. Clicked on each file, and put the pin and password. When opening the app on the device, i got an error saying "module attempts to access a secure API‎". I try to find out what was the problem and find out that the signed key wasn't properly registered. 

I open the signature app, it give me a "not registered" message on RRT.

Then I tried to get another keys, still the same.

Now I really stuck. Would someone guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Code signing key problem: RRT

This indicates that the RRT key has not been installed.  Do you have mulitple BlackBerry development tools for developing BlackBerry Smartphone applications installed?  If so, you may be installing to one tool and using another.  You can use the procedue described in this document to copy keys between tools.

Note that the BlackBerry Tablet OS application development tools install their keys in one central location used by all tools.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Backup-and-Restore-BlackBerry-Code-Sig...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker