Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Database failes on simulator

I'm trying to test my WebWorks app in the Blackberry 9800 Simulator from Eclipse but am not having any luck.  When I install the app from the File menu and run it the app freezes on the database setup.  Code is below:

if (!window.openDatabase) {
    alert("Not backward compatible.");
    return;
}

db = openDatabase("SomeTestDB", "1.0", "TestDB", 200000, null);

The app gets to the db = openDatabase part and then freezes.  Running the app in the Tablet 1.0.1 Simulator works fine and it works in Ripple too.  the reason I want to run it in the simulator is because I've noticed the simulator behave more like the real device in where it opens dialogs and lays out the screen.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Database failes on simulator

Have you configured support for a simulated microSd card in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator you are using?  Steps can be found at the link below.

Use a computer file system as a microSD card

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Use-a-computer-file-system-as-a-microS...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

Re: Database failes on simulator

I was able to configure the JDE simulator to work now, thank you for the help.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero