Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

[ Edited ]

Hello @PhilipK_ca 

Glad to see you got it working--how'd you do it?  Did DM ventually know to reformatt/reload the latest OS10? Also, in reply yo your question--yes, I consistently got that error message when I went to appworld, before the device, gladly, reverted to the original BB1OS.  I also noticed that when I went to appworld it asked if I wanted to make this new "playbook" the current device. Then, when on my PB, I went to appworld it asked the same question.  Does this mean that if I paid for an app on my PB, I will have to pay AGAIN for the same app on the BB10 platform?  Or, have they figured that one out yet--or even thought about it?

Not much on Appworld for BB10 other than typical silly games that aren't going to sell BB10, near as I can tell. Things like native, skype, netflix, amazon prime etc are going to help sell it--those are the premiere apps that people want; now they want us to pay for "certification" --got to be kidding me.....they should be glad we attend the free events and training which I APPRECIATE from the Dev team.  I am not ready to pay for "BB10 cert" until I can see myself or others making some money from all the time we gave them thus far.....especilly with these "updates" that take us 3 steps back.

Instead of throwing so much $$$ out to the dev community, they should have taken some of the airplane hotel costs etc incurred by the in house developer relations team and hired 5 developers in-house to create netflix, skype, amazon prime compatible native apps and gone to court w the comapnies that are showing a bias against RIM in the marketplace.They don't know how to run a company---it is obvious.......@PFCsytemsInc

www.pfcsystems.net

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Philipk wrote:

Is anyone else getting "This item is not supported by your current profile" when they go to App World?

For pretty much everything except Runaway Train and Cubifice, yes.  On mine those are also the only two that show up under the Recently Changed (or whatever it is called) so there's probably a good reason we can't see the others yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

@PFCSystems When I said I reformatted it I ment clicked on the 'repair' button from the Desktop Software. Despite being completely unresponsive and the red led constantly blinking it was able to connect to BB DesktopSoftware.

As for the BB10 Cert... I can't see myself purchasing it. In the survey they sent out it asked what I thought about paying for developer certification. LOL. I thought it was annoying that they were going to ask us to pay to get our Apps certified but to actually certify us as developers?!... please. This is only one of several platforms I'm developing for and certainly not the most promising. I don't need RIM to tell me that I'm competent.

Though on a brighter note... if they let us use our 'Developer Reward points' to pay for the certification then I would definitely consider it.

My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

This is partly why I wouldn't want to pay for certification...

Dilbert Mobile App

[ Edited ]

@PhilipK_ca  I am with you on what you say re "Certification"; I am getting more and more annoyed at the level of incompetence in-house at RIM.....and pray that they can get their acts together to save their asses.  There is only so much we can do as developers, when we see this sort of BS with a release of a software "update"---they sould look at the definition of the word!  The same happened when I "updated" my PB to the beta release: 2.1.0.560 which has nice PIM portrait etc, but to loose my ability to send POP mail and to watch flash from ctv news or cbc or to play amazon prime videos on "tablet TV" etc is not ok.  It is also not OK for them to say wipe it and go back to older OS---like I have time to waste.....so I have left it and I am running an Android mail client to send POP mail, paying for Amazon Prime which is now ltd,  etc.  

I also noticed that on the PB and BB10 there is definitley a conflict going on with the broswer and the android player--having the browser on crashes the android app or won't let it launch--have you seen this? Yep---"dead-end" is more like it than "caution" the way things are going with this BB10 development:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/06/blackberry-10-sdks-download-now/?CPID=E20C021&Date=072212

@PFCSystemsInc @FernCommodari

www.pfcsystems.net

Contributor

BlackBerry 10 Gold SDK in November: RIM promises feature progress transparency:

http://www.slashgear.com/blackberry-10-gold-sdk-in-november-rim-promises-feature-progress-transparen...
Contributor

[ Edited ]

What’s New in our Native SDK for BlackBerry 10 with DEV alpha Beta 2 release:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/07/native-sdk-update-improvements/?CPID=E10C020

Nice progress-----http://devblog.blackberry.com/

check it out--may try to update to beta 2 again!  Now, that I have it down!

Still not sure how the phone reverted to

BB10 OS 10.0.4.197= Beta 1

from Beta 2= BB10 OS 10.06.386

Contributor

After my device reverted to Beta1, this morning it would not start up--had the flashing red LED. I could not get it to boot. I reloaded Beta 2 after the original OS was wiped; I had to go though the device set-up again. I now see ONLY the air browser and air camera whereas, after updating to Beta 2 from Beta 1, I had both the native and air versions of the browser and camera. What should be the norm ---both air ad native versions?
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The R6 beta release for the Dev Alpha has only the AIR Browser and AIR Camera apps (plus App World). If you ever saw the non-AIR ones, that's because you did only a basic "update" in the first place, and not the debrick/repair. Now that you've apparently done a debrick, you'll see only the AIR ones.

As for the flashing LED, did you leave it plugged in so the battery didn't drain, or was it unplugged and possibly discharged too far to boot. It's strongly recommended to leave the Alpha plugged in ALL THE TIME except when actively using it, to avoid battery damage.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peter9477 It was plugged in; now we have a sure marker of a real "update" only the AIR camera and browser apps plus setup and appworld should be there, and any sideloaded apps will get wiped. I guess I had a "fractured" update. How should one do a debrick/ repair, in the first place---selecting that option after a security wipe from DM? Yes?..I believe so... @PFCSystemsInc