Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: 9800

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

Yes, I just tried to download an app and I got that message. The application was a game called Caveman HD Lite.
Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
New Developer
My Device: 9800

After repair, load of new build 10.0.6.386, my device presented an error up in the top left corner notification area that said: texture_destroy:*ppTExture was NULL! The texture object seems to...  and it stops there because I assume there is no more room to include the rest of the message. 

Is this something I should worry about or not? 

This will be the second wipe/repair/load so I really do not want to go through the process again, but if I should please let me know.

See included picture of the error.IMG_00000001.png

Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
New Contributor
My Device: BB Dev 10 Alpha
My Carrier: Optus

I did have noticed that but in my case i got 2 of those messages along with some strange beeping noises too.

I also have noticed that bb dev alpha was not connected to wifi but it was showing full bars which was strange

A resolution or information about this issue is highly appreciated.

Note: since then I did have restarted multiple time but did not got any of same error again

Regards,

Ali Khan

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

I also update sucessfully to 10.0.6 today, and after hard reboot my device revert itself to 10.0.4.197

New Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch, 9700 Bold, 8700, DA A
My Carrier: SpeakOut/Rogers

New Contributor
My Device: BB Dev 10 Alpha
My Carrier: Optus

Thanks Snuupy for the link

I am still  wondering the issue why bb was showing full wifi signals but it was connected to none?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

[ Edited ]

@Mzex see my reply to Peter9477 above and his comments too---if you had both the "AIr" and regualr labeled camera and browser you did a "soft" update----do a security wipe of the device then with DM 7.X etc do a "repair" --you should only see the "AIR" camera and Browser when a real "hard" update to the beta 2 OS happens--it is like magic and several incantations are needed to get it....   ;-)

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

-Lock button on top of Dev Alpha does not work with a quick press.  Long press works as it should.

-Updating process to 10.0.6.368 was fine

-If I use a password on the device (which is mandatory when testing apps), dev alpha will not wake from lock screen (perhaps because the lock button doesn't work with a quick press) and the device is unwakeable!!!!  A hard reboot is then necessary and this reboot results in an infinitely long reboot screen (trust me, 20+ hours of waiting).

I have resorted to avoiding a password altogether to avoid having to repair the dev alpha every day.

So if you're alpha keeps trying to boot and never finishes, turn off the password.  Worked for me.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Alpha

I also found that 1. if you securite wipe the Alpha device, it will remove the camera and appworld apps. The only way to get them back is to restore/ update the so again. 2. The initial setup wizard didn't have a back button any more, I happened to me that after passing the wifi setting screen I was unable to load the agreement content nor the country dropdown, this made me impossible to proceed further, then I have to restart the device and try again. 3. If you don't put the sim it and config the 3G setting at the initial setup screen, then the 3G feature will never able to be re-enable afterward.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Alpha

Also the navigation buttons inside the appworld app on Alpha are not very responsive, I have to really try and press a few time before I can get it worked.