Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

Dev Alpha A camera bug

So, we have a Dev Alpha that had camera issues with the previous OS version .388. This issue was indeed fixed with the latest update to .1103. We can now see through the view finder and take pictures. However, there is another problem now and it only occurs when trying to take videos or pictures in landscape mode with the back camera. The front facing camera has no issue. 

Basically, when you tilt the phone landscape to shoot a picture or video it only takes up have the screen to the left, as if it wants to squeeze itself on the left half of the screen. It also appears squished. I can tap to take a picture and when I view it comes out fine. Again only being able to view it probably in portrait mode. If tilted to landscape it just takes up half the screen. Seems to be a problem more with viewing than anything. As like I said, the pictures taken in landscape mode do come up fine. It is just a pain to view as you cannot really place it well enough to take the best angle.

DJ Reyes