Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Dev Alpha USB not recognized after Program Ended

Unable to update the Dev Alpha after the Program Ended message.  It's not recognized by the Device Manager.

The same cable and port work connecting to a BB phone.

Developer

Re: Dev Alpha USB not recognized after Program Ended

Hi RIM, is there any possible solution I could try?  or is it likely a hardware problem?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

1. Uninstall Desktop Manager

2. Restart your computer

3. Reinstall the latest destop manager but dont open it.

4. While the dev alpha is connected and turned on, follow the instructions here https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html and try the second method first.

Developer

The device is not recognized, no PIN comes up in the app loader screen, no PIN in the BB Device Manager, no momentary hourglass or message when it's plugged in, does not show as a plugged in USB device in the Windows device manager.

But if I plug my phone in it's recognized.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

When does it get recognized? When its plugged in without Desktop Manager being open?
Developer

[ Edited ]

The dev alpha is never recognized. A phone is.

edit:  After reinstalling the computer, the 1st time the dev alpha is plugged in Windows says "found new BlackBerry device", and the Windows device manager shows it as a "composite device" plugged into one of the ports.

The BB Device Manager than starts (icon appears in the tray), but that still shows no PIN, and when I run Wipe_Reload that also shows no PIN in the drop-down list.

Restarted the dev alpha, let it get to the "expired" screen, and tried again, same results.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Have you tried the autoloader for windows?  (you are using windows right?)  Its the last blue box on the page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

Its supposed to be able to update any dev alpha to the correct version.

If it helped you, click like. Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi...I'm having the same issue and I've tried all these steps. The difference is my device was working fine until earlier today when I changed the date (on the device) to a future date of december 17th...Now whenever I reboot it goes into the "program has ended" screen
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
New Developer
My Device: LE Z10/PlayBook/Dev A/B/C/ Priv
My Carrier: AT&T

You need to force the os on through command. Check your email and report back if it worked.

Developer

Alright, since this Dev Alpha is totally useless, where's the address to send it back, please?

I'm not going to be responsible for RIM's property if it's only useful as a paperweight.