Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
09-25-2012 05:12 PM
Okay, so for those with the password problem at screen unlock :
1) Enter 10 bad passwords, even if it says it will wipe your personal data
2) Let it reboot, you'll see the "Blackberry 10" logo and then the "BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha" boot animation
3) Do again the configuration wizard
4) Done !
09-25-2012 05:15 PM - edited 09-25-2012 05:28 PM
Like a fool I initially tried to update using the desktop software but this failed, I then put my Dev Alpha through the proper update process but not it will not boot. Occasionaly I can get the device to start booting, I see the BlackBerry 10 Logo for 10-15 seconds and then the pink "Dev Alpha" text appears for a split second before the device powers down.
Anybody else experiancing this? I have tried to de-brick using the Blackberry Desktop Software but it dosnt seem to work.
UPDATE: When pressing the volume up+down buttons at the same time I hear the camera noise, seems as if the display desides to die during the boot process, very odd!
09-25-2012 05:33 PM
My Device ist bricked - one Red Flash - pause - 6 short flashes.
When I try to repair I'm running into problems downloading the modules.
Now I tried todays Update, but I'm still unable to load the 2 modules...
09-25-2012 05:40 PM
So the instructions are as follows:
For steps 1-3 you should NOT have your dev alpha plugged in or any other blackberry device.
For ALL these steps DO NOT open blackberry desktop manager, and if its running in the background close it! You are NOT using BB desktop manager to update your phone. The only time you may have to open BBD is if you mess these steps up and need to repair your device.
1. Go here and download file in blue box: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberr
2. Unzip that file to a location on your computer.
3. Execute the file: AppLoaderWebSL_22.214.171.124 - from that location in step 2, which will install mysterious things.
4. Plug in your dev alpha device - WAIT - ignore messages saying device found / not found...
5. When it is fully booted go to step 6... (Still do not let BB desktop manager open)
6. Check the battery level and make sure its more than 50% (to be safe) - if not WAIT till it is!
7. Remove any passwords.
8. Go to location in step 2 and run the file: WipeReload
9. WAIT for it to recognize the alpha device - it takes time to get the pin. Click ok
An updating blackberry device software window will popup - wait a long time for the modules to update. Allow it to finish.
Hope this helps.
09-25-2012 06:04 PM
Ok all the steps have been done. Now I can browse the os but all I see is the camera app and even that doesn't start. And second question how can you enable the development mode? I can't click on settings
09-25-2012 06:12 PM