Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Dev Alpha Update 10.0.9 - MAC -> VMWARE -> WINDOWS

I've followed the steps to install the new dev alpha software on a PC as it's currently not available on a Mac. I'm using VMWARE to do so.

My device is not being picked up by the BlackBerry Desktop Software on the PC, although windows recognises the connection and the drivers are installed.

This is why I think that the software update is not working with WipeReload.bat, the PIN screen just shows up with an empty drop down (I have left it for 30 mins to detect).

Does anyone know how to fix this, get the device to show up in VMWARE Windows, or when a Mac compatible solution will be out?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Dev Alpha Update 10.0.9 - MAC -> VMWARE -> WINDOWS

I never got it to work via VMWare either. However, somehow I managed to get it to update using DM for Mac. But only because I had bricked it and went to repair it via DM and it updated to 10.0.9

DJ Reyes
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: 6047880877

Not sure if this will help you or not, but I was able to connect my Dev Alpha device to Windows 7 through VMWare fusion by doing the following in the settings:

1) Set in Sharing & Storage - the connection to the platform you're using (windows - autodetect didn't wanna work for me)
2) Enable file Sharing
3) Enable Development mode (in security)

The WipeReload file was then able to recognize the device.  I'm updating the software as I type this..  if all goes well, I'll let you know.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: 6047880877

Success. I was able to update from v10.0.4.188 to v10.0.9.386 on OSX through VMWare Fusion (windows 7)