Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Dev Alpha
My Carrier: 3473353008

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

definetely working on the mac also

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

Uhm, and no one bothered to check on an actual PC to go through the motions we would have to and catch this BEFORE all of this----this is the sort of stuff that is going to end this company--sad to say----God forbid something like this happens at Gold release of BB10.....
New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: AT&T

Upgraded using the Mac Installer and the restart is taking forever. It's showing

BlackBerry 10

Dev Alpha

with the background colors changing. Once the device restarted, I received a message from Desktop Manager saying the update failed. How long is the restart supposed to take? Is there any way to break out of this and perform the upgrade again?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

For those of you updating on a Mac. The restart will take some time. Almost done however.

Pay close attention to you BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha. It will vibrant about half way through the installation.

Smiley Happy Cheers.
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

PFCSystems wrote:
Uhm, and no one bothered to check on an actual PC to go through the motions we would have to and catch this BEFORE all of this----this is the sort of stuff that is going to end this company--sad to say----God forbid something like this happens at Gold release of BB10.....

The upgrade process was tested, however the scenario of having a Desktop Manager previously connected to a beta program, then upgraded to the new Desktop Manager may have been a case that was not covered.  We will make sure this case is covered in the future

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Retired
My Device: Z10

I can't thank everyone enough for your patience, help, debugging and diagnostics skills to help us get to the bottom of the issue.  We're not stopping here though..

Rest assured that we are continuing to investigate what can be done to correct this without having people mess with their registry settings.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

tried everything here still no update available. not new to this but this may be the worst Ihave seen. The reg keys are still not there to delete or getting replaced  after two uninstall reinstall killing processes, reboots, etc. Glad it is working for those it is. I will wait for this to get more stable before boing back to developing for it

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE

Awesome, thanks Tim!

I just updated from 188 to 197 via the Mac versions of Desktop Manager.  Now it is updating to the latest todays release!  Yay!

Thanks to Tim and everyone on here who pulled together to figure out the problem on Windows!

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Developer
My Device: BB Q10, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Thank you! It solved the issue for me (registry change->BB10 reboot->update&repair) on Win7Pro-32bit.

---------------------------------------
Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Twitter: @wiisniper
My Free Playbook Apps (no ads):
Speech timer Plus http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/83847/
Speech timer http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34640/
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

[ Edited ]

@TNeil : The same sort of thing happened with my Playbook update to Beta 2.1.0.560; I still have no IMAP (aol) mail, no video playing and POP options in advanced settings are not POP.  I am having to use GMX mail w android runtime to send any aol mail "transparently", but still cannot play videos--having to wipe my PB is not something I care to waste time doing--I hope that at the Gold release of next PB OS update, the IMAP, POP, and video issues are resolved...I kept the latest OS since you did do a good job w PIM clients in portrait.  Still no BB10 update; no registrey keys w windows Vista....later....got to take care of something else....hope the press does not get you guys ripped on this-----  :-(

(also, saving of downloaded images is haphazard--my images are not saved or deleted)--reported all of this on DEV site. @FernCommodari