Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Passport Silver, PRIV
My Carrier: Telekom.de, O2, Vodafone

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

Tim, thx providing DM for OSX Smiley Happy

Installed, then my AlphaDevice was recognized from Mac.

And I could hit UPDATE

then the software was downloaded and installed

then I got message that I can disconnect from Mac

did this

now since an hour or more the DevAlpha is displaying the BB10 AlphaDevice Splash Screen and nothing else happens

How long should I wait ?

Or should I hit the power-button ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ekke (independent software architect, rosenheim, germany)

BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner
International Development native Mobile Business Apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
Workshops / Trainings / Bootcamps

blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
mobile-development: http://appbus.org Twitter: @ekkescorner
Contributor
My Device: 9810 / PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: EE / Three

Well those keys don't exist on my PC, so I checked the logs:

[10] [8est:21:55:907] [LoaderRpcServer::GetBundleSummary] [0x000013e8] [LoaderRpcServer.cpp:3011] WebSL error encountered: 5 - Access forbidden by server

Are we sure all the devices are white listed?

Matt
Contributor
My Device: Newb Playbook Developer
My Carrier: -

My internet was interrupted the first time I tried the update, so the download was restarted. 

The second time, all 39 modules finished downloading (~460MB) and the installation started. After some time the desktop manager indicated that the update had finished successfully but my device hadn't rebooted and after rebooting manually the device showed no change. The DM still says that the version on the device is 10.0.4 and says that an update is available. 

This is pretty discouraging for me as I have already used up over 900MB and internet is pretty expensive where I live. Now I'm not sure that the device will update successfully even if I try the third time, because from the looks of it, the second attempt went normally.

Is there anything I could do to update my device without running the download again? Is it possible that the device has actually been updated but the update is not showing due to some glitch? If not, what can I do to make sure something similar doesn't happen again the next time I try, because I'm not sure I will give this thing a fourth attempt.

Any help is appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9870
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

Might be a silly question but should there be a phone app after the upgrade so I can actually make and receive calls?

All I seem to have is Air Browser, Air Camera, App world, Setup and Browser. is there a way to access other builtin app?

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Sadly, there isn't.  I tried porting over 1 Android dialer and it just made the phone vibrate.  I had to reboot to stop it.  Haven't tried anything else yet.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9870
My Carrier: O2

I take small comfort in not being alone but a phone that can't make calls.... they really need to sort this soon. I had big hopes for the upgrade.

Developer
My Device: Passport Silver, PRIV
My Carrier: Telekom.de, O2, Vodafone

...because device hangs for more then 2 hours, I restarted

now DM says there's no update bacause 10.0.6.386 is installed,

I have access to the data of the device

but restart still hangs - only startup-splash-screen 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ekke (independent software architect, rosenheim, germany)

BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner
International Development native Mobile Business Apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
Workshops / Trainings / Bootcamps

blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
mobile-development: http://appbus.org Twitter: @ekkescorner
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

[ Edited ]

biggerCC wrote:

Did RIM mess up with the system font (e.g. forgot to include it)? For me plenty of texts now appear in a Serif font that looks misplaced... Did the other successul updates notice the same or was this some updating problem and I should try to reinstall?

To fix the font issue (and a couple of other things) just re-flash the current OS ("repair"). And yes: using this method you will loose your data and installed apps.

Why are some of you guys whining that there's no dialer app installed? It's a developer device meant for testing your own (and beginning some time soon: other dev's) apps.

1. Everybody can imagine how a dialer might looks like, when invoked from your app. At least I can...
  2. This device is definitely not meant as your daily phone. If the battery lasts <5hrs without a SIM card inserted, how long would you suspect it to stay on during calls?
- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Yes, you're right.  It IS a development device.  Did you ever think that some of us were DEVELOPING apps that require making phone calls or sending SMSs ?  One of mine does.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

NICK_312HOLDINGS wrote:

Yes, you're right.  It IS a development device.  Did you ever think about apps that require making phone calls or sending SMSs ?  One of mine does.

I did and also plan to include texting (as well as BBM) capabilities in my app. But actually we are in the quite comfortable situation of being (at least) 6 months ahead of the first BB10 phone release date. That's plenty of time to work on other parts first - if possible.

Just as the Dev relations team said: include features as they become available. I'm already looking forward to the arrival-boardish SDK roadmaps.

- - -
My approved apps @ App World