09-13-2012 11:32 AM
I received mail from support. they asked me to try these steps and this did the trick. my device is charging now...
Can you complete the following steps: (this should trick the Desktop Software into reloading the OS without waiting for it to boot up)
1. Start up Desktop Software
2. Ensure device is turned off, then turn it on
3. immediately connect it to the Desktop Software
This should cause the Desktop Software to prompt to repair the device by reloading the OS.
09-14-2012 10:36 AM
1. update DM to BlackBerry Desktop Software 18.104.22.168 Bundle 33 (Windows) - successful
2. charge up Dev Alpha (10.0.4.188 , no sim ) and plug to PC . detect there is OS upgrade available
3. backup my device and start upgrade ( to 10.0.6.xxx), download and install - successful
4. told i can disconnect the device, the device reboots and give me the DevAlpha splash screen.
7. wait ( for another 2 hours ...)
8. still the same screen.. Feel like it is stuck.
9. need to unplug it , then notice after a while the phone cannot start up ( probably due to battery drain )
10. plug to wall again. this time it will boot up. But when check the OS version it remains 10.0.4.188
Tried it on two different (Win) machines. same result.
I feel like the device never get past the splash screen, so the installation never completes.
Once the battery is drained the device starts up with the old OS.
so the question is "why the device doesn't reboot properly after upgrade?"
i do have some other 3rd party app installed , i didn't perform a wipe before upgrade - however i don't think it is necessary(?)
09-14-2012 11:42 AM
I had a very similar experience. And actually my DevAlpha got into a state where it was unusable. I followed numerous debricking workarounds to no avail. In fact, after 3rd or 4th 'REPAIR' action I received a message that the device was wiped clean and that I would have to complete the device setup. At that point I was home free, but still was stuck at the splashscreen. The interesting part was that now when trying to utilize the repair option, DM would stop with an error that I had not completed the device setup screens. Talk about a catch-22.
However, after like 5+ reboots of the device and a long coffee break I came back to my desk to find my phone waiting at the intial setup screen. After walking through the setup the device has been upgraded to 10.0.6.671.
Perhaps, someone from RIM could provide some additional insight into what is happening with the upgrade process. Cause in it's current condition it is very bad experience.
09-15-2012 02:11 AM
I am trying to update my Device software to get rid of Issue : BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Reports Program Has Ended
Will update once it comes to the end.
09-15-2012 02:34 AM
For me, when i am starting the phone, it is displaying in the screen "BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha". After that it is not moving to the next screen at all.. I am not getting what i have to do???
09-15-2012 02:54 AM
Now i tried with the below steps:
I don't know what i can do after this?? Really frustrated with this Alpha Device..
09-15-2012 03:22 AM
09-15-2012 03:30 AM
The pop up says:
A Connection to the Device could not be established. Please ensure that the deviceis properly connected to the cradle or USB cable and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely with your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.
09-15-2012 04:45 AM