07-19-2012 04:03 PM - edited 07-19-2012 04:04 PM
Also I don't find the update
OS 10.0.4 build 197
Got the device at the bb10jam in Milan
Never placed a sim card (I dont have microsims)
Can't restore to default (after reboot it's the same)
Also my friends that got the dev in Milan can't find the update
07-19-2012 04:09 PM
I have never put a simple in, and on Tuesday I upgraded to 197 from 187.
It was not finding the update so I tried the bricking process and that did not work it is now bricked
And when I do the upgrade and repair it just says that there is no update my the device.
07-19-2012 04:09 PM
A small, random note for those who've been saying microsim - the dev alpha uses a mini-sim, not a micro-sim (but the response would be the same, of course, that you've not used one in your devices )
07-19-2012 04:12 PM
07-19-2012 04:13 PM
Actually the Dev Alpha does take a micro sim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_m
Anyway, I've tried the update numerous times, my DA is from the Orlando Jam event and hasn't issued an update after numerous attempts with the in place upgrade method or the recovery method.
Have a micro sim in mine and just tried it with it removed and still no luck.
Thanks for the information Tim, it's appreciated!
07-19-2012 04:18 PM
I never had a SIM inside my devalpha
07-19-2012 04:19 PM
07-19-2012 04:32 PM - edited 07-19-2012 04:35 PM
First I want to say that you guys are doing an outstanding job with the Developer updates, both from a tools perspective and the handheld code updates to the Dev Alpha device.
Regarding today's update, I had an issue at first. I followed the original instructions, which had the DM 7.1 Bundle 33 link. I downloaded and installed the DM, connected the Dev Alpha device, then went through the 'Get Started'' in the DM, then tried to Update and nothing would show up. I tried both the Update (within Device) and even exiting and going back into DM.
I then proceeded to go to another PC, I installed DM 22.214.171.124 Bundle 33 from the Beta Zone. I rebooted the machine, opened DM, connected Dev Alpha, said no to the 'Get Started', and it found the update right away. Updated successfully, this Update is fantastic. You guys have done some great work. My app worked right away, and I am going to submit it into the Dev App World tonight.
Both machines were running Windows 7 32-bit. And the Dev Alpha was obtained from BB Jam Toronto and had 10.0.4.188 running on it. A sim-card was NEVER used in the device.
Hope this helps, and keep up the great work! Can't wait for more updates, and especailly I can't wait to see the Dev App World get populated with apps from all these great developers!