10-15-2012 12:12 PM
I have the same issue apersaud500. I think this is because my dev alpha have the latest update and i do the security wipe, the WipeReload cant suggest me any updates since im already on current os. Hopefully Rim team will respond to this
10-15-2012 09:47 PM
You wouldn't say that if you know how many tries I've attempted before writing the post.
I'm really getting frustrated that you guys don't know your own os and hardware.
Stop suggesting bull**bleep** steps and please do ALL of us a favor and follow the below steps.
1. Get a dev alpha a or b device (doesn't seem to matter in this case)
2. WIPE IT. Just wipe. Don't ask why, just wipe.
3. Now, once wipe is complete and booted up, you'll see nothing but browser app.
4. From that point, ONLY using tools available to developers (no cheating), get all the apps on it.
5. If you succeed, please post how you did so on here with CAPS as first line of the post.
Please, I beg you. I've already started bb10 development via cascades but I need those native apps to integrate
10-16-2012 01:48 AM
i have fix this issue
1. what u need to to is to install App Loader 22.214.171.124 in a correct way. It should ask you to restart your PC. not saying that u have existing blackberry device and need to disconnect it first while u already disconnect it.
2. launch wipereload.bat. press top button and click on restart icon. plug in ur device. here's the tricky part. u have to press the ok button immedietly after it detecting ur unknown pin. its only about 1-2sec. then the driver will be install. when installation of the driver skip auto update from the internet, so it read the local driver.
3. once driver succesfully install, reopen the wipereload.bat, press the top button and click on restart icon again. press ok immedietly and it will say uploading ndram or something. now press top button for 30second. Here are the problem come, the usb seems to connect and disconnected. " you will hear the sound of usb connected, and disconnected" u need to repeat this step until u hear the sound usb connected and connected " u can check if the usb is connected or not by opening blackberry device manager propertise. if u connected along the way of updating it, u should get the updates. but if ur dc in the middle of reading device, u will get no update
10-16-2012 03:49 AM
With information in MSohm's post, I passed the "No update available" obstacle. The key steps I missed is to press Power+VolumeUp buttons at the same time, I only pressed the power button. Also I double click on
BlackBerry Device Manager icon to pop it out the icon tray (Windows XP) so I can see exactly when my Dev Alpha is usb-connected to my PC (it shows"Device BlackBerry (29D9110D)) and when it is not (empty "connected devices" tab).
Sound is not reliable because you don't know for sure it is a connection or disconnection.
However one difference between my case and gyubok is that I have never do a security swipe on my phone.
step 1) Open BlackBerry Device Manager's window (double click it in icon tray - win XP). start WipeReload.bat
step 2) with Alpha Dev already started, plug it to PC via USB and possible re-plug it until it is shown connected in BlackBerry Device Manager.
At the same time WipeReload.bat shows PIN: BlackBerry (29D9110D)
step 3) Now click on OK button in WipeReload.bat. You see "Uploading RAM image" shows in WipeReload window; Alpha Dev goes off.
step 4) As soon as the screen goes black or before (I don't remember but think it does not make difference),
press simultaneously power and volume-up, hold them. You see in BlackBerry Device Manager's window that your device disappears (disconnection), then it re-appear (re-connection after reboot)
step 4-bis) As soon as Alpha Dev is re-connected in BlackBerry Device Manager's window, release both buttons. Search and update will follow as expected with WipeReload.bat.
I did not need to hold the power_volumUp very long, in my case it is only about 5s. On hindsight, I think you should release them after the reconnection (reboot). If you over-hold them, you may cause double reboot. It is important that when Dev Alpha is rebooting, it sees that both power and volumup button are down, that is the message to bootloader to wipe and reload.
Hope this helps others.
10-16-2012 10:18 AM
It now worked for me, too. Thanks fmbois!
I wonder if it is something that changed on the server side because I am 99% sure that I have followed these steps before.... Anyhow, it works now ... I'll never wipe it again!
Thanks to everyone!
10-16-2012 10:49 AM
yay it works!! it was the usb problem...
KEEP HOLDING DOWN THE POWER BUTTON + 3 MEDIA CONTROL KEYS
during the update whenever the wipereload.bat tells you there is a problem with the connection