Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

My Device: Not Specified

Does BB automated testing permit reading outputs?

I  have read about the Fledge controller automated test script utility. In particular I note that it supports "Input" testing. Has Fledge or any other tool or utility been developed/expanded to also read screen outputs? 

In other words, my app takes a series of input touches to select certain values. The app then calculates a result and presents it to the user. I need to be able to test for correct output to determine correct or incorrect behavior.

Does Fledge or any other utility or technique permit returning information to a test script about the output?

Thank you very much

Tom Miller

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Does BB automated testing permit reading outputs?

You can take a picture of the BB device's screen from fledgecontroller. As far as I know, this is the only way to verify proper input/output. After running FledgeController.exe and connecting to the session. Use the following command: 

---------------------------------

SaveLcdSnapshot(String path) //Path must be .png format

-----------------------

You can also access the fledgecontroller's help from the simulator. There isn't anything about verifying output but you might find something else useful in the documentation.  

-----------------------------------

Run the device Simulator

>Click "Help" on the Simulator's drop down menu

>>Click "Controller Command Help"

------------------------

Hope this helps.

-JT