Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve Smartphone
My Carrier: -

ERROR: 907 Invalid JAR illegal host string

Hi Everyone,

I have installed my Java ME application successfully using side loading technique i.e. copying .JAD and .JAR file to the Micro SD card of the device, and installing the application through it. But in the same way when I tried to install again new version [with very few modifications] of the same application on the same device I get the error. During the process, it shows the message “This application already installed, do you want to overwrite it”, I selected “YES”. It does all the processes like downloading and installing, but at the end it shows the error message, as follows:

Installation Failed
907 Invalid JAR
illegal host string: starts with ‘/’

I tried many times, but getting the same error. What might be the problem? I am using my BlackBerry 8520 Curve smartphone for installation. Eagerly waiting for response. Thanks and Regards.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve Smartphone
My Carrier: -

Re: ERROR: 907 Invalid JAR illegal host string

If anybody having the same problem before, please help me out of this, as I can't install the same application on my device now. I have not used any third party library JAR, so I am not getting for which JAR file it is showing an ERROR. Hope you got my question, if you want any information from me, please let me know. I am very new to mobile development and this is my very first application. Please help me. Eagerly waiting for response. Thanks and Regards.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Can you post your JAD file?  What BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.  Does this only appear when trying to overwrite the existing application or do you receive the same error if you uninstall your application and try to re-install it?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi

I have the same problem when try to install new version but if i uninstall before work fine or i install the same version without uninstall before work fine too.

Wath is wrong??

Thanks

BlackBerry 8900 and 9700