Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Globe
Accepted Solution

Forgot my CSK password.

Is renewing my CSK will prevent me from updating my previous apps?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Forgot my CSK password.

Hello,

CSK? I'm not understanding what that is.

And, you posted in the Desktop Software section for Legacy devices, yet you list a Z10 as your device, so that's a little bit of a conflict as well.

Perhaps you can clarify what your question is and what it involves? Then we can be sure to place it into the proper category on the site as well as hopefully get you the answer you need more quickly.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer

Sorry for the wrong section, there is no section for Momentics IDE and this is the closest I choose which turn to be wrong one.

Anyway, I had recently updated my IDE to the latest 10.3 beta. Installed at separate folder and work space. When I'm making export build of my BlackBerry 10 app the momentics now requires me to enter my CSK (code signing key), unfortunately I had forgot and misplaced my password and backup. This is why I'm asking if I renew my CSK with new password if could still update my previous apps done with the previous CSK? Thanks.
New Developer

PS. How can I change the section to "Native Development "?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Already moved -- good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

If you are using a BlackBerry ID token to sign your application, you can download a new token using the same BlackBerry ID account you used before, set a new password and sign your application without any upgrade issues.

If you are using the previous method of signing (CSJ) and have not linked your BlackBerry code signing keys to a BlackBerry ID account, there is no way to reset your password.  Changing the signing key will cause upgrade issues as described here:  Error "File bundle (your_name) has been rejected." When Uploading BAR File to BlackBerry® World™

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

I had contacted the support team and they clear all package ID's, and did what MSohm said above. Renewed my token and csk. Updating my apps work now. Thanks guys.