Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha, Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Fido

HTML5 Geolocation lost functionality on 1103 update?

Hey guys, 

I made an app using the HTML5 geolocation function and it has worked before using the previous version of BB10, but upon updating the bundle 1103, the app stopped working.

My error handler keeps saying "geolocation timed out", and I tried it on several websites as well, and all of those are unable to fix my location. I know my code isn't suspect, as it worked just a couple days ago, and the code works on my browser.

Unfortunately, this happened when I submitted my app for review (on 10.0.09.338) but the tester used the 1103 version of the update, and that's how I discovered the error. 

Any tips? Or is the Geolocation now broken =\. I've also updated my webworks.js file to the lastest version, and it works in firefox/chrome/safari and ripple, just not my device.

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HTML5 Geolocation lost functionality on 1103 update?

There are some geolocation issues in version 10.0.9.1103.  I recommend trying out your application using the new OS due out this week before making any changes to your application.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker