Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

How can I load and start my application (.cod) when simulator starts?

I wonder what's the solution to load and start my application (.cod) when simulator starts?

I found that I can load the cod file using FledgeController and LoadCod command, but I can't see the method low to load the installed application?

Can you please provide any guidelines for auto-starting installed applications?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How can I load and start my application (.cod) when simulator starts?

You can set the application to run on startup in your project's properties.  This will start the application when the BlackBerry Smartphone boots up as well as right after the application has been installed.

If you want to start it using fledgecontroller you'll need launch the application from the home screen by injecting the appropriate key/touch/trackpad events.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

>>you can set the application to run on startup in your project's properties

But this requires building project in Blackberry JDE. What to do if I use Eclipse?

>> you'll need launch the application from the home screen by injecting the appropriate key/touch/trackpad events.

I can't find any commands that allow to open application by name. For example how can I navigate to the Downloads screen using event with "downloads" name? is it possible? 

The issue with commands is that using key tracking stuff I can't navigate to "downloads" folder uniquely across all Blackberry devices, and having events that accept names would solve this problem

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

You can set your application to auto run on startup in Eclipse.  To do so open the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor in your project and check off "Auto-run on startup".

There is no support in fledgecontroller for launching an application by name.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Visitor
My Device: i'm a developer
My Carrier: i'm a developer

Hi, MSohn

I'm using 9550 to test my application. In order to launch the app when the simulator starts, I have the "Auto-run on startup" clicked off, but it still failed to start the application, It's still the home screen and I need to first press "menu", then click "Download" to get my app.

As the workaround, I try to implement the progress by programing (press Menu and click Down)

I already have "Send" pressed by programing by using below: 

EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent pressEndKey = new EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent(EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent.KEY_DOWN, (char)Keypad.KEY_SEND, 0);
EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent releaseEndKey = new EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent(EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent.KEY_UP, (char)Keypad.KEY_SEND, 0);

But this is not work for Keypad.KEY_MENU.  I'm stuck.  Can someone hepe to ?!!!

Also is there any way to implement the action of Clicking Download?  I have  get no google search