Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How long to wait for Signature Key Set? And: BB App is not deployed to BB Simulator

Hello, we applied for a Blackberry / RIM signature key set last Friday, until now (Friday, too) there has no key set arrived in the mailbox. How long does it take currently? On the website where you can apply for a key set was written it would take 48 hours ,)

Another mysterious thing: until now our Blackberry App was deployed on the Blackberry simulator with no problems. But now not more. And we cannot find out why.

After that, I installed a fresh new Eclipse, the Blackberry Eclipse Plugin, the 4.6 Component Pack etc. But still the Blackberry App is not deployed to the Simulator. Although when building its written that the build is populated without (!) any errors. Also trying the clean.bat file did not help. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Oh, and there is a misleading error : when you populate and you have simply too much resources files in size, there is a nullpointer thrown. So if any of the developers out there are wondering for a null pointer exception or "missing stack file" try to minimize your resources Smiley Happy

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How long to wait for Signature Key Set? And: BB App is not deployed to BB Simulator

It can take up to 10 business days for a signature key order to be processed.

Can you elaborate on what you are seeing with the deployment issue?  Does the application's icon fail to appear (in the downloads folder)?  Are you performing a Run As or Debug As?  Is your application's cod file present in the simulator directory?  If you choose File -> Load on the simulator does the application appear?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker