Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Playbook OS2
My Carrier: Telus

Insanely slow vm

I've tried the simulator/vmware on 2 computers now and on both of them it takes at least 20 minutes to start the playbook VM.  one is winxp pro 32 bit and the other is win7 64bit.  i've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted, configured, you name it.  but it's SO Cat Mad 'n SLOW!!!!  i'm using the latest vmware player and playbook image file.  Anyone with some advice?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Insanely slow vm

Have you set the emulator (in VMWare) to use 2 processors? That is, assuming you have a dual core (or better) machine?
New Developer

Yes I have done that, thanks.  I can't figure it out what the problem is.  I have used vm's for a long time without problems.  They load os's in a minute or better yet this one is a nightmare to start.  Even after it does run its jerky and laggy and my mouse cursor coasts wherever it feels like going, on either machine.  This isn't only 1 computer I have this problem with.  But neither computer runs the same software at all.  The xp machine has just been reformatted as a matter of fact.  It doesn't even have antivirus yet.

New Developer

after and installing the vmware workstation eval the problem has gone away.  it's speedy and boots in no time.  not exactly a proper fix because it will cost me to use it past the eval period but for now it will have to do.