Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: klarmobil
Accepted Solution

Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

I export my app using Momentics and the BlackBerry SDK, so far it works. 

But my .bar file becomes rejected with "Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!".

If I try to verify it with the blackberry-signer command line tool I get "Invalid signature file digest for Manifest."

Why?

New Developer

Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

This is the problematic app. It's small and simple. Perhaps someone can explain why it is not signed correctly.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

The correct files are there, so this has been signed at some point by both RDK and P12 files.

Can you let me know the steps you used to sign this file? Please provide the exact commands used as well as the SDK  and version which the signing tools were bundled with.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

I have used Momentics, File -> Export -> Release Build. I have tried it with "Enable digital signing" checked. Because there was no hint that something went wrong I tried another build without "Enable digital signing" and signed the file later with blackberry-signer tool.

If using the blackberry-signer tool

blackberry-signer -storepass <password> BaselworldStarter-1_0_0_16.bar 

I get

Info: Bar signed.

If I check it

blackberry-signer -verbose -verify BaselworldStarter-1_0_0_16.bar

I get

Error: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest.

The Momentics IDE (10.1.0) is working with SDK 10.1.0.1020. The blackberry-signer tool is version 2.0.0.

Retired

I just tried signing your BAR file and was able to without issue, it verified successfully. I then updated my blackberry-signer tool to 2.0.0 and the same thing occurred.

When did you order your keys originally?

How were they registered/created (the p12 and RDK)?

Can you PM me the contents of your barsigner.db file (it will open in any text editor)?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

The keys I have used here are just few days old. (the former ones I throw away)

The registration and creation of the Developer Certificate I have done from inside Momentics (Preferences->BlackBerry->Signing).
Retired

Everything looks fine with those keys and the way they were installed. Have they worked properly in the past?

What happened to the last set of keys? Did they stop working as well?

What version(s) of Java do you have installed?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

No the former keys did not worked. I applied for new keys to see if this might be the problem.

I have Java 1.6.0_43.

I wonder how you could sign my bar file. Once I run the blackberry-signer I can't do it again without getting a message that the package has been previously signed and I should create a new one with incremented version.

Retired

Is that 32 or 64 bit Java?

I could sign because I hadn't signed this version previously. The restriction is based on the keys used.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

Its the 64 bit version.