Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Zain

Issue signing BB10 app

Initially we converted the android app into BB10 app .bar and it is used using the .p12 file which is generated from RRB,CRR & RRT .csi files. Later we upgraded the app, in the upgraded version we facing Arabic character issue. so instead of converting the android app into BB10 app. Our vendor provide the BB10 native app. For which we created another .p12 file which is generated from PBDT & RDK .csj files. When I tried singing the new BB10 app with author.p12 file. We getting error that Code signing request failed because the Invoke-Target-Key <APPNAME> has been previously used in a different package.

Could you please help us to resolve this issue?, thanks in advance

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Issue signing BB10 app

The author.p12 file isn't an issue here.  That file is generated locally and isn't based on any other key files.  You can re-create it without causing problems.

Note that the RBB, RCR and RRT files are used to sign applications for BlackBerry OS (7.x and lower).

PBDT & RDT and/or BlackBerry ID Tokens are used to sign PlayBook OS and BlackBerry 10 applications.  Since you didn't mention it I'll assume BlackBerry ID Tokens aren't used here.  Although I do recommend switching to them to avoid this in the future.

What you'll need is the original barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files, which are created from installing the PBDT/RDK csj files you used to sign the application originally.  Details on how to transfer them from one computer to another can be found here:  Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker