Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Visitor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: all

Load Projects can't connect to device

I am a new BlackBerry developer (or attempting to become one Smiley Wink  I have an app that runs fine in the Eclipse simulator, but now I'd like to load it on my phone and have been stalled by a device connection problem.

Windows Device Manager reports the device as a BlackBerry Smartphone, and the driver version appears to be correct (RimUSb.sys). However, when I choose "Load Project on Device" from the Eclipse menu, I get a terse message box that says, "'Loading projects....' has encountered a problem. There is no connected BlackBerry device." I also tried javaloader from the command line -- it says, "HRESULT error during Open: 80040154. Error: unable to open port."

Can anyone help with trouble-shooting advice?

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Load Projects can't connect to device

I'm having the same issue.  If someone can shed some light on this that would be great.

Contributor
My Device: playbook

did anyone get a resolution to this error? I too am stuck at this ... pls. help

thanks

Harsh

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Update the version of BlackBerry USB driver you are using.  This driver is included with Desktop Manager.  Installing the latest version of DM will provide the most current USB driver.

You can download it here:  http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Same problem.

I have Windows 7 x64

I just installed Desktop manager today so I must have the latest..

When I run eclipse in administrator mode this comes up, when not it works.

However when non administrator mode, I get the cannot create temporary directory error UsJaUI or whatever, its a lose lose!
Contributor

I downloaded the USB & Modem drivers ... but still the problem persists ... I am trying JavaLoader -p<pin> deviceinfo from the command prompt and it says Error: unable to open port ... Smiley Sad

[I also played with -usb command line option as suggested by some online documentation - which might be old - but still no success]

Pls help!

Harsh

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Can you see if the problem exists in non-administrator mode when you run it. You might get another error but the blackberry error is gone for me.

One way, I cant sign the code. The other I cant run on the blackberry device, cant win!

What version(s) of BlackBerry Java SDK do you have installed?  What version is active for the project you are using?  What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Mark Sohm

Contributor

I was finally able to resolve my error (and test an app on my device)

It seems the following command (mentioned at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/32973/Run_a_BlackBerry_Widget_on_a_BlackBerry_... ) is incorrect & that was causing error for me

JavaLoader [-usb] [-pport] [-bbps] [-wpassword] load file

I had connected a device through USB cable and was using latest SDK + Desktop connection drivers ...

I used JavaLoader WITHOUT [-usb] [-pport] & it worked! .... [I conclude that including the options [-usb] [-pport] was creating the problem]

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Highlighted

Good point.  The -port and -bps parameters are relics from the age when BlackBerry Smartphones used serial ports instead of USB ports and shouldn't be there.  I'll have this updated.

Note that you can also just use -u instead of -usb and save yourself 2 keystrokes.  Smiley Happy

Mark Sohm