07-06-2011 07:15 PM
I am a new BlackBerry developer (or attempting to become one I have an app that runs fine in the Eclipse simulator, but now I'd like to load it on my phone and have been stalled by a device connection problem.
Windows Device Manager reports the device as a BlackBerry Smartphone, and the driver version appears to be correct (RimUSb.sys). However, when I choose "Load Project on Device" from the Eclipse menu, I get a terse message box that says, "'Loading projects....' has encountered a problem. There is no connected BlackBerry device." I also tried javaloader from the command line -- it says, "HRESULT error during Open: 80040154. Error: unable to open port."
Can anyone help with trouble-shooting advice?
08-30-2011 03:22 PM
Update the version of BlackBerry USB driver you are using. This driver is included with Desktop Manager. Installing the latest version of DM will provide the most current USB driver.
You can download it here: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
09-01-2011 09:01 PM
09-02-2011 06:38 AM
I downloaded the USB & Modem drivers ... but still the problem persists ... I am trying JavaLoader -p<pin> deviceinfo from the command prompt and it says Error: unable to open port ...
[I also played with -usb command line option as suggested by some online documentation - which might be old - but still no success]
09-02-2011 04:59 PM
09-07-2011 11:33 AM
What version(s) of BlackBerry Java SDK do you have installed? What version is active for the project you are using? What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on? You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.
09-15-2011 10:18 AM
I was finally able to resolve my error (and test an app on my device)
It seems the following command (mentioned at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverab
JavaLoader [-usb] [-pport] [-bbps] [-wpassword] load file
I had connected a device through USB cable and was using latest SDK + Desktop connection drivers ...
I used JavaLoader WITHOUT [-usb] [-pport] & it worked! .... [I conclude that including the options [-usb] [-pport] was creating the problem]
Hope this helps,
09-15-2011 10:46 AM
Good point. The -port and -bps parameters are relics from the age when BlackBerry Smartphones used serial ports instead of USB ports and shouldn't be there. I'll have this updated.
Note that you can also just use -u instead of -usb and save yourself 2 keystrokes.