Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Lost signing keys (respond BlackBerry employees)

Hello!

I have lost my original signining keys and order a new one, so now If I'm trying to upgrade my application in the BlackBerry App World i got an error : "File bundle (app_name.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

So I can't upgrade my apps, here in devblog adviced to create a new product in App World

I created a new product and removed from sale the old product, but product denied  because (quote of letter from Blackberry) :

"We realize that this app has the same function as your other product named (app_name).

Please resubmit this release under the previous product (old_app_name) that is already up for sale by adding it as a new release

I sent letter that in detail explains the situation (that I can't upgrade my apps) to the blackberryappworldrequests@rim.com and ask them to delete the old product and approve the new. I sent this letter 2  times (week passed), but received no reply - instead of this App World guys did not noticed that I removed the previous (old) product and ask me (two times) to "resubmit this release under the previous product  that is already up for sale by adding it as a new release".

So, question is: because App World Support did not reply e-mails, is there anyone from BlackBerry who can help me contact App World Support (in order for they entered in my position and approve my new product (and If it need delete old product)) or advice: who I need to contact for request my original (old) signinig keys (If Appworld guys can't approve my new product)?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Lost signing keys (respond BlackBerry employees)

You don't need to (and cannot) delete your previous application from BlackBerry App World.

You can contact BlackBerry App World Vendor Support and ask them to reset the package ID (value tied to your code signing keys) for your application.  You can then upload a new version in the vendor portal.  Users will then be notified of the upgrade, but the upgrade will appear as a second copy of your application on their device.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker