Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OTA Install Permission/Approve Request for Every .COD

Ever since I updated to BlackBerry Plugin 1.1 for Eclipse 3.5, my signed .cod files are getting installed differently via Over The Air (OTA) downloads.

I copy the multiple .cod files and the single .jad file from the deliverables/web directory into my OTA server. The mime types are all setup correctly and have been working for quite some time.

However, the new .cod files created with Plugin 1.1 cause the BlackBerry device to ask the user for permission to install every one of them. This is unacceptable for users, obviously, because they don't even know that multiple .cod files are usually getting installed.

Any ideas on why the device is asking for permission to install each .cod file?

- Thanks, David

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OTA Install Permission/Approve Request for Every .COD

Hello David,

I can't say that I've seen this happen before. I was wondering if you might have specific steps to reproduce the issue along witih a public link where we could test the download and see this occurring.

If no public link is available, would it be possible to attach the .COD (siblings) as well as the .JAD in an archive to your next response?

If you would rather not share this publicly, I'll ask that you please email devsupport@rim.com and then PM me the INC number that is included in the auto-response email so that I can investigate it there.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Erik,
Thank you for your response.
With recent builds the problem has vanished without explanation, so this is no longer an issue for me.

I still have the culprit .cod and .jad files from several problem builds. If you want to look further into this problem for your own reasons, I will be happy to provide them to you.

- David

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Well I'm glad to hear you found success.

If you do have the time to attach the .COD and .JAD files here or email them into devsupport@rim.com, I actually wouldn't mind exploring this issue a little further.

Just to confirm, when you say "recent builds", do you simply mean new versions of your application or have you also upgraded your development tools recently?

Cheers.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.