Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: 9360, PlayBook,10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Older installer of QNX Momentics IDE for BlackBerry

Hello,
I am looking for installer for older version of QNX Momentics IDE for BlackBerry for example version 10.1.0
Could anyone provide me an url?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Older installer of QNX Momentics IDE for BlackBerry

Download the current one here and then you can download the 10.1 BlackBerry Native SDK from within the IDE.  To do so open the IDE, click on the Help menu and choose "Update API Level".  This will let you install an SDK for 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2. 

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

I have a case now... I'm using the latest QNX Momentics IDE. It has 10.0.10.822, 10.0.10.4633 and 10.1.0.1020 SDK's installed. It seems these were installed by default upon IDE upgrade installation.

I submitted the app to client (a carrier) for testing. They have a Z10 & Q10 test phones. The 10.0 BAR file I created using the 822 build worked on both devices. The 10.1 BAR I created using the 1020 build, failed on the Q10.

They confirmed that the device OS version they have is 10.1.0.699.

this is their correspondence with me.. "I was testing the BB10.1 app on the handsets we have here which all have OS10.1 installed. I found that the app would not deploy on the Q10, however, the one for 10.0 worked fine (even though the device has OS10.1 installed). Could this cause any issues going forward?"

I read your post at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development-Knowledge/Appropriate-version-of-the-Black...
where you state that the build number shouldn't make a difference.

I much preferred the previous version of the IDE, where you could select even the build no of the SDK you want to cater for.

Please advise urgently, thank you.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

This hasn't changed it's just been made easier for beginners, the older functionality can still be had by clicking on

Window->Show Advanced Toolbars

You then have the older style SDK selection dropdown to choose from.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Highlighted
Developer

I know about the advanced toolbar, but the previous version had a lot more builds to select. I only have the 3 builds, as specified above, loaded. How do I load more SDK builds in this version?

Developer

You used to be able to drop down a list from the API update page but either my Momentics has become corrupted or it's been taken out in the latest update.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

BBSJdev wrote:
You used to be able to drop down a list from the API update page but either my Momentics has become corrupted or it's been taken out in the latest update.

This is exactly what I mean. I prefer the old way of selecting down to the build level. This functionality seems to have been taken away.

Developer

No I meant in a recent 10.2 Momentics, 10.2.1 looks to have removed it unless I'm missing something.

Developer

Okay my memory failed me here, the drop down list I was on about is the one for simulators not for SDKs. Apologies for this.  Hopefully this reply bumping the thread will bring it some more attention.

Developer

I hope MSohm is reading to shed some light here, based on what my client is telling me. Thank you.