Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Playbook 2.1.0 Beta Released - Post Findings Here

Also the sound dissapear on my tablet every day like one or two times.. it's kinda weird..

Please nobody reply here? i'm the only tester with this problems..

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Glo

Registered for the update several times over the last fewdays and still no update available for me... Any help?

Fizzle
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I registered twice over 2 days from my laptop, and never got the update.  I registered once from my playbook and got the update within 15 minutes.  Not sure if this is a coincidence or not? 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Glo

Hmm, this is funny. After days of trying, a friend just offered to help register and i got the update almost immediately.

Downloading now, although very slow... 

Fizzle
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV and wifi PlayBook 32GB

I just finished installing 2.1.0.840 and it seems some of my contacts have doubled, and my calendar is no longer syncing with gmail.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

My sound dies and I have to reboot too. My bridge does so less often.  

Since 840 my camera is useless. In 560 I could at least use the rear one.

For some other things 840 is better though. Kobo images work. Skype beta app chat works, text only.

Contributor
My Carrier: TMN

2.1.0.840 is hardly a beta...

[ Edited ]

Updated from last beta and noticed a major battery draining (about 70% after 8h in standby with wifi off). Disabled push for Hotmail and Yahoo (as some users over at Crackberry suggested) and seems I got a tiny improvement (maybe placebo). Deleted the accounts with no change...

When connected to the PC the PB gives a "!" warning stating it can't charge with this power source... Strange since it did before and still does (though seems slower... placebo again?).

Some Android apps like Ghost Commander stopped working... At the initial permission dialog they crash when I try to proceed with the permissions process...

Last night left it off (not standby) with 65% battery and today when I woke it it had only 48%. Battery health programs I tried say my battery is ok with 91% health.

So I just tried a security wipe...Everything was gone except browser and settings but PB stated there was an update which was the same version it was running (2.1.0.840). I updated and got the rest of the app icons back... Just now I was reeinstalling all my apps (from BBAW, not a BBD backup) and noticed Android apps didn't work at all (nothing even happens when the icons are pressed)!

All past / present updates done using the PB update feature (never did a BBD restore or any kind of firmware hacking)...

Are PBOS devs even aware? Is any new beta release predicted before BBOS10?

With such a lousy battery life, no Ghost Commander or an alternative Android pdf reader the PB is little more that paperwheight... Downgrading now following these beta downgrade instructions

New Developer
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC
My Carrier: a Norwegian

I have to playbooks and both are running 2.1.0.840.
Android Player is not running smoth on one, the other one runs nearly perfect - some problems with wifi, but could fix it to disable dhcp.
The only thing what could fix all problems with Android Player are to wipe the device first and reinstall firmware twice, second time with debrick method.
Contributor
My Carrier: TMN

[ Edited ]

Desktop downgrade failed... Tried it 3 times. WTH! Screenshot here

Was that the debrick install you were mentioning?

New Developer
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC
My Carrier: a Norwegian

The debrick is: turn off your playbook, start desktop manager on your pc, hook both up, turn off playbook again if it starts, press update, wait, press repair and look what happens