Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

Porting from BB10 to PlayBook: Package-ID mismatch problem.

During the recent Port-a-thon I've created some BB10 apps. Each app has an id in the reverse DNS format, as advised by the documentation:

Unless you are repackaging an app from another platform, you should use a reverse DNS format for all platforms, for example, id="com.somedomain.HelloWorld".

Now, I want to repackage these apps for the PlayBook, however, the packager complains: "Invalid config.xml - the value of id attribute is not valid" - apparently, it accepts only alphanumeric IDs. When I change the ID to that acceptable for the packager, AppWorld rejects my PlayBook's .bar, because "Package ID must match the original Package ID in original file bundle."

My SDKs are WebWorks: 1.0.4.5 for BB10 and 2.2.0.5 for TabletOS.

Thus...

1) RIM, please fix the misleading documentation, and add a warning that following standards breaks compatibility.

2) What can I do except from releasing the PlayBook version as a separate app?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

Re: Porting from BB10 to PlayBook: Package-ID mismatch problem.

In a nearby topic, MSohm mentions that Vendor Support can reset package-ID for already submitted apps, making it possible to repackage and submit both BB10 and PlayBook packages with new IDs (or signed with new keys). These will appear as new apps, which is not a big deal in my case, since noone installed any of the BB10 apps yet.

It's been two days now, still no reply from Vendor Support, which is disappointing... Is RIM abandoning PlayBook? Or just too busy with Christmas shopping?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

This is wierd

I got a 'the value of id attribute is not valid' (similar) on a PB build of a working BB10 app

The only solution was to remove all the dots from the ID - then it worked

New SDK tomorrow so home they've fixed it

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

My SDKs are WebWorks: 1.0.4.5 for BB10 and 2.2.0.5 for TabletOS.