Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Screen Pixilated/Lag

I am testing for a website on various simulators.  Using a Windows XP machine with 3 gb of ram.  When I am scrolling on a  website using the simulator browser, sometimes the screen lags behind where I am scrolling.  For example, if I scroll to the bottom of the page, the top of the page still shows on the screen.  If  I then hover over the screen in different parts, the bottom view of the screen appears where I have scrolled.  Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,

Tim

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Screen Pixilated/Lag

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Are you seeing this with all simulators or have you only tried one version?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Developer

So far I have seen it on the 8530, v5.0.337.  But it appears to show up on simulators with the trackball.

Does it only occur when using the browser of the simulator or do you see this behaviour when using other applications?  Can you post a screenshot?

Mark Sohm

New Developer

It seems to just be with the browser.  I cannot post a screen shot now because I can't share online our application we are developing.  If I get a chance I will make an app that will show it.  But basically it happens with the trackwheel devices and it just odesn't "catch up" when scrolling.  IT stil shows the previous view when you scroll to the bottom of the page and if you mouse over parts of the screen, it shows up the part that you scrolled to.  Hope that makes sense.

Try turning down graphics acceleration in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator.  To do so click on the View menu, choose Graphics Acceleration and keep lowering the level until the pixilation is resolved.

Mark Sohm