Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: gold phalus alpha centuri
My Carrier: king tut
Accepted Solution

Select smartphone keys only!

I want to get a key for my charity app. Im hitting all platforms to raise the most. The other platforms are fine, but blackberry, I use phonegap

phonegap build doc says 

PhoneGap Build currently just supports Smartphone BlackBerry builds, not Tablet builds. Make sure the keys you get, and subsequently import, are smartphone keys. 

from the blackberry codesigning page

to sign keys I see 3 check boxes which ones do I check? below is the 3 examples 

1. For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using BlackBerry NDK, AIR, or Android, or for BlackBerry PlayBook apps developed using Android. Requires BlackBerry 10.2 Gold or higher SDK. 

2. For BlackBerry PlayBook apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, BlackBerry NDK, or AIR - AND - For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using BlackBerry WebWorks, or the BlackBerry 10.2 Beta SDK or earlier. 

3. For BlackBerry OS 7.x and lower 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Select smartphone keys only!

PhoneGap build (https://build.phonegap.com/), the cloud build service from Adobe, currently only provides BlackBerry support to BBOS (BlackBerry 5/6/7).

This is something our team is trying to change. It would be very beneficial to the PhoneGap dev community to include the latest platforms, including BlackBerry 10 (for which support was introduced in PhoneGap v3.0)

If you wish to use PhoneGap to package an app for BlackBerry 10, you can definitely do this. However, you will need to use the (offline) PhoneGap SDK.  Here are the platform guides, which include getting started info about BlackBerry 10: http://docs.phonegap.com/en/edge/guide_platforms_index.md.html

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.