Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

Signature Tool doesn't see required modules to sign

Hi there,

Recently I've encountered the following problem: while attempting to sign my application .cod file I start sigtool.bat , select my .cod file , click OK and instead of the usual list of files named "my_app-1.cod" that require signatures I just see empty list. Looks like signature tools hasn't managed to parse my cod file and define the modules which require to be signed. It's not the case that my cod file was already signed. If so, I'd see the list of  files with Status "Signed". In my case I didn't see any files at all.

Can anyone explain me the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

Re: Signature Tool doesn't see required modules to sign

Wrote to rim support team though. Waiting for response.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Not sure if I know which icon you refer to. Hovering over the white star icon display judo as text, but I'm not seeing any solution.

Having problem similar to yours (I think). Even after installing signatures, code that imports Display class is shown as requiring RIM Runtime API. What am I missing?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

hedgerow wrote:

Having problem similar to yours (I think). Even after installing signatures, code that imports Display class is shown as requiring RIM Runtime API. What am I missing?

Please refer to the following.

Signing does not apply the RIM Runtime signature key

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Signing-does-not-apply-the-RIM-Runtime...

hedgerow wrote:

Not sure if I know which icon you refer to. Hovering over the white star icon display judo as text, but I'm not seeing any solution.

His signature means if a post solved your question click on the star icon to give kudos to the poster.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker