Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10 SQN100-1
My Carrier: Rogers

Signing Keys - BBID junk

So, this new system is annoying the hell out of me. I followed the steps to link my new BBID token to my old csk files, but apparently that didn't work, as when I went to resign my apps, it spat out a new token, and now the vendor portal won't let me submit updates to my app because the "Package ID" doesn't match the original. 

Absolute junk if you ask me. I even tried to restore my old keys and sign the app again, but nope, still doesn't recognize the Package ID. After all the fighting I did with the vendor portal to get my apps approved I now have to deal with this junk.

If you ask me, it's a step back for most developers. From most I've talked to, they don't even want to do this new system until their actually forced too.

BerryLeaks Co-Founder

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Signing Keys - BBID junk

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  The linking step will be part of the setup wizard in the future.  But for now linking through the command line would allow you to easily restore your BlackBerry ID token, so you don't have to worry about losing your code signing keys.

Do you have signed versions your old and new BAR files?  Open them up in an archive program like Winzip and extract the MANIFEST.MF files located in the meta-inf directory.  Compare the values for the Package-Name and Package-Author-Id from both.  Is either one different? 

They need to be the same for the Package-Id to match.  Package-Name is set in the SDK, Package-Author-Id is your identifier when signing.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Q10 SQN100-1
My Carrier: Rogers

The two MANIFEST.MF files are different. I tried to replace the new MANIFEST.MF with the old one to see what would happen when I repackaged it as a bar file, however the vendor portal just spat out error 2 at me. (I didn't expect this method to work)

Unfortunately as well, I no longer have the backup files of my old signing keys as while trying to restore them, and the resigning with old keys failed. I decided to make a new debug token for my Dev B, and upon trying, it couldn't create a debug. No matter what I did I couldn't create a debug token with my old keys.

I then tried to restore my new BBID signing key from the backup, and again, it started to act up and not give me any debug tokens. So I've had to delete those backups, and start fresh again, this time by using the IDE to sign in and get my BBID token.

So is there anyway to extract the information I need from the old MANIFEST.MF file and dump it into the new one? (Forgot to add, Package-Name has not changed, only the Package-Author-Id)
BerryLeaks Co-Founder

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

If the package-author-id changed then it's then the keys either changed or wasn't linked to your BlackBerry ID account.

Does your new backup include the barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker