Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Signing app behind proxy

Hi,

I am packaging applications for the PlayBook with WebWorks sdk for Tablet OS 2.2.0.5 on windows xp.

My connection being behind a proxy, i followed the instruction of this page http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Using_a_proxy_server_from_the_cmd_line_1...

The author.p12 and csk file were successfully registered.

But at compiling I keep receiving the following error:

G:\BBWPTabletOS2.2.0.5\bbwp>bbwp.exe pathToMyArchive.zip -g passwd -buildId 1 -o pathToOutFolder
[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO]                  Packaging the bar file
[INFO]                  Bar packaging complete
[INFO]                  Starting signing tool
Error: No route to host: connect
[ERROR]                 Signing failed

Any help would be welcome to help me understand why it can't connect to the signing server

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Signing app behind proxy

Try to sign the BAR file created here using the command line shown in the doc you link to.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor

I tried the command with adding the proxyhost and proxyport but the signing tool can't parse the command:

[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[ERROR]                 Invalid command line parameters
bbwp version 2.2.0.5    Copyright(C) 2010 Research In Motion
                        http://www.blackberry.com/developers

bbwp [drive:][path]archive [-s [dir]] [[-gcsk cskpassword -gp12 p12password | -g genpassword] [-buildId num]] [-o dir] [-d]

archive                 Specifies the .zip file to compile
-s                      Save source. The default behaviour is to not save the source files. If dir is specified then creates dir\src\ directory structure. If no dir specified then the path of archive
is assumed
-g -gcsk -gp12          Sign the .bar file after compilation using cskpassword for long-term key and p12password for developer key, when those passwords are equal only genpassword might be used.
                        If -g option is not used, both -gcsk and -gp12 have to be specified otherwise .bar will be unsigned.
-buildId                For signing specifies the build number (typically incremented from previous signing).
-o                      Redirects output file location to dir. If both -o and dir are not specified then the path of archive is assumed
-d                      Enable JavaScript debugging using web inspector. If signing is not specified, -d also enables the use of debug token credentials.
-v                      Turn on verbose messages
-h                      Display this usage information

Contributor

sorry i read too fast your indication. So i tried with the following command

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar>

and it seems to work, i just have a problem with the manifest being set to development mode now. I'll confirm that i made it to sign in a few minutes

Contributor

[ Edited ]

So after a little research in seems that the manifest prolem comes from the fact that i packaged the app before signing it... (that's what i understood from this page http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Error-Code-signing-request-faile... )

I didn't set -d in the bbwp command, i used the following:

bbwp.exe zipFile -o outputDir

and then i tried to sign with the command: 

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar>

I receive the error message:

Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and not set to [false]

What am I missing?

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

This looks like a bug in bbwp, which I've logged here:  https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks/issues/83

The workaround is to modify the MANIFEST.MF file in the META-INF directory of your BAR file, changing:

Application-Development-Mode: true

to

Application-Development-Mode: false

Then sign the BAR file.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker