Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Signing not working? "Error: some files are missing signatures"

Hello,

today i tried to sign my app using the commands

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass {password} -keystore {keystorefile.p12} -storepass {password} Game.bar RDK

and

blackberry-signer -keystore {kestorefile.p12} -storepass {password} Game.bar author

after calling blackberry-signer -verify Game.bar i get the following error message: "Error: some files are missing signatures"

Also the META-INF directory is not signed, but i guess thats ok?

Any ideas what that could mean, what i did wrong or how to track down the error?

Thanks alot,

Jannik

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Signing not working? "Error: some files are missing signatures"

It's expected that the META-INF directory is not signed.

What development tool are you using (include version)?  If you are using a current SDK, try the following simplified command (requires your CSK and keystore passwords be the same).

blackberry-signer -storepass <KeystorePassword> <BAR_file.bar>
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Contributor

Hello and thanks for your answer,

even after using the simplified command the error still exists. Can i somehow manually verifiy the signing process? Expected files are created inside the manifest folder during the signing process.

For creating the .bar file we use the Marmalade SDK and followed this tutorial: http://www.drmop.com/index.php/2011/08/30/marmalade-sdk-and-blackberry-playbook-from-setup-and-deplo...

Marmalade SDK version is 5.2, BlackBerry ndk version is 1.0 and WebWorks SDK version is 2.2.0.5 and the operating system Windows 7 64Bit Home. The App itself was already successfully tested with a debug build on a Playbook but it was signed by a friend.

Any more information required or got any ideas?

Thanks alot,

Jannik

The best test is to install it and run it on a BlackBerry PlayBook without a debug token installed.  If that works the application is signed.

Mark Sohm

New Contributor

Hey,

today we installed the application successfully on a PlayBook even though the blackberry-signer gives the error message. Seems that the -verify command is not working right.

Thanks alot for your help,

Jannik

New Developer
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Probably not related, but still seems to be a signing issue and this is all I can find.  I have a BlackBerry 8530 Curve. I've downloaded Java developemt - latest version - eclipse.  Applied for my signing keys, have received and installed them as required.  Two sample applications have been signed and work Hello World and Decor Demo,  each received verification back within an hour of signing - Signing software always freezes on system even though emailed requests that signatures have been signed return. I have to kill the signing tool from task manager as I've left it up for hours and it never teminates and the application window is greyed with no active keys working.  Back to the issue.

Signing emails all return saying they have been accepted with my registration number and for the specific RRT RCR RRB or is it BBR verifications.  Seems the applications always take a day to activate: Decor and Hello World both took until the next morning to start working on my phone...  GPSDemo still refuses to work.  It will work on the simulator program from the application debug ON BlackBerry 8530 SIMULATOR.  What is the next step?  Do I just need to wait several days for the app to become active?

Highlighted

It sounds like you are running into this issue:  SignatureTool Stops Responding While Signing

There is no "activation" period for application signing.  As soon as the application has been signed it is ready to install and run.

Mark Sohm