Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: WIFI

Simulator gets stuck

Hello,

I have installed the latest simulator and VMware but whenever I open the simulator it gets stuck at START SERVICE: dumper. I waited for more than 30 mins but still it was stuck there. 

Also, My cpu is amd athlon x2 3600+ and I have enabled the SVM option from boot screen but still simulator fails to start

Please help

Thanks

New Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Simulator gets stuck

Not sure if it is the right way but turn off 3D graphics and do a "safe" launch ... that got my simulator to actually come to the point I got to the main screen although very slow. For the last few weeks I always got what you did on a Mac on a Win box ... I had to finish an App and did it just using the device.

I think it wants a specific video driver, but they don't tell u that .... so easy to pop a message to let the user know and not leave u out in the cold.

I still have an issue which I'm fighting now, the controller screen pops but it comes out blank (on a Win box) on the Mac the controller pops but it cannot connect no matter what I've tried.