Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: N/A

The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. But it does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source. Would you like to allow this?

Hello,

I have third party application (VASCO DIGIPASS for Mobile) which attempts to access a server. The following warning appears:

"The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. But it does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source. Would you like to allow this?".

It is an HTTPS connection.

The application is signed (COD).

How can we suppress this warning message ?

Thank you for your help !

Ph

Contributor

Re: The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. But it does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source. Would you like to allow this?

Can anyone help on this ?

I have looked through the forums without success.

Thanks !

Phil

Contributor

Re: The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. But it does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source. Would you like to allow this?

Very strange: when looking in "Options\Applications", it says the application is not signed. I have double checked with SIGTOOL and all COD modules are signed ??? The application is installed from web (JAD+CODs).

Highlighted
Contributor

I looked several ways:

1) app was not signed with RBB key (only with RRT and RCR). Now it is signed and the prompt does not mention that it is "not trusted". New message "The application XYZ has attempted to access server.company.com. Would you like to allow this? " (Yes/No).

2) BB  permissions have been set properly "Server Network" and "Internet"

3) It seems the remaining popup is linked to MIDlet permissions. When changing "Net access" Connector.http and Connector.https permissions to ALLOWED, the popup disappeared.

Now the question is: is it possible to change the MIDlet permissions using BES server policies ?

NB: not sure I should open an ew thread for this ?