Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-22-2012 06:53 PM
Hi, I get the Ripple to package the app files for me, I get the message that build was succesful, but no .bar file appears in the specified output folder, just the zip archive. Any ideas please?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-26-2012 11:05 AM
Could you please provide a screenshot of your Ripple settings as well as the output folder you've specified?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
03-28-2012 06:20 AM
04-02-2012 11:59 AM
Looks like Ripple is configured properly and the fact that we get a ZIP file shows that the packager does complete the initial step of creating an archive. That folder should contain the archive as well as the BAR file though.
Would you please be able to take the ZIP file that is in your output folder, then run the packager command from the command line. To do so, please copy the ZIP file to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 18.104.22.168\bbwp
Then, open a command-prompt and navigate to the same folder. From there, please execute the following command:
This should create a HelloWorld.bar file within the bin subfolder of the bbwp folder. Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 22.214.171.124\bbwp\bin\HelloWorld.bar
Upon doing this, can you please provide a screen shot of your command-prompt window after you execute the bbwp command. As well as confirm whether your bin folder contains the BAR file as expected?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
01-07-2013 08:40 PM
01-08-2013 01:38 PM - edited 01-08-2013 01:53 PM
1st screenshot is the settings
2nd & 3rd are the output at the command
It runs, then displays build suceeded in ripple and creates a helloworld.zip in the output destination but no .BAR
I'm using BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 126.96.36.199
then I moved the zip file that it created to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 188.8.131.52\bbwp
and run the command bbwp helloworld.zip
and here is the output from the command:
01-08-2013 09:57 PM
01-09-2013 01:17 PM
C:\Program Files\Java contains 3 folders :
C:\Program Files(x86)\Java does not exist
I'm using a 32-bit Windows7 system
UAC is set to default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Don't notify me when I make changes to window settings
01-09-2013 04:41 PM
The error itself appears to be stemming from a JVM issue, and the tools actually require the latest version of JDK6 (32-bit). The format shouldn't be an issue since you're on a 32-bit system, so the best recommendation I can make at this point is to download the latest JDK6 (i.e. Java SE 6 Update 38):
You will also need to either uninstall the existing JDK1.7 / JRE7 folders, or you could also temporarily rename/move them to another folder to avoid any conflicts.
I believe that should address the issue, though if it does not, I would also recommend trying with UAC turned all the way down as it's been known to cause issues.