Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Unable to create debug token (.bar)

Hello,

A few months ago I received client-RDK-xxx.csj and client-PBDT-xxx.csj, and registered them with blackberry-signer. I used them to sign my published apps in the Blackberry World. Some time later, I saved author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db in a safe place, and then reinstalled my Windows OS.

Today I tried to create debug token. If I run:

C:\bbndk-2.1.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxxxx -storepass xxxxxxx client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj  client-PBDT-xxxxx.csj

I get an error: 

Unable to register client xxxxxxx because there are no more registration attempts. If you have already registered with this server, then you should restore your signing keys from backup. If you don't have a backup of the keys, then you can order a new set of keys at www.blackberry.com/go/codesigning

OK, I have my author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db, so I tried:

C:\bbndk-2.1.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\blackberry-debugtokenrequest -cskpass xxxxxx -keystore author.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxx -deviceId xxxxxxx debugtoken.bar

I get an error:

Error: Not yet registered to request debug tokens

What is wrong? How can I generate debugtoken (.bar file)?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Unable to create debug token (.bar)

[ Edited ]

Oops! My mistake, I forgot to copy  author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db to default location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion