Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Bouygues Tel

Unable to install any app on my BB

Hello,

I cannot install any app from Eclipse. I developped one app on Blackberry 7.0 JDE, and my curve 8900 is OS 5.0. When I install application, I have following popup :

Module 'net_rim_bb_maps_api' not found.

If I try with one of demo app, I will have the same message with anoter package (net.rim.command for example).

My app is signed with the 3 keys sent by RIM via email. And of course I have 0 warnings

I have to send my client's phone running tomorow with my app, and I will not because of #@*! buggy app Smiley Happy.

Please, help me !

Thx.

New Contributor

Re: Unable to install any app on my BB

I had that of course that my app works perfectly on simulator.
New Contributor

Well, it seems that it could come from my JDE or JRE, I don't know, I don't care, I cannot figure how compatibility is so bad on RIM devices and OS. To be honnest, this is my first and last app on BB. Anyone should see that BB is 10 years back from concurents. Byebye BB... Don't have money or time for that.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Applications are forwards compatible on BlackBerry Smartphones, but not backwards compatible.

When creating and building your application, it is important to choose the correct version of the BlackBerry® Java® SDK or BlackBerry JDE to make sure that the application is compatible with the target BlackBerry devices. Applications built in the BlackBerry Java SDK or BlackBerry JDE are forward-compatible with later BlackBerry® Device Software versions, but they are not backward-compatible with ealier versions.

For example, an application built in BlackBerry JDE 4.1 runs on a BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 and later will not run on a BlackBerry device running BlackBerry Device Software 4.0. Thus, when building applications, you should use a BlackBerry JDE version that matches the lowest version of BlackBerry Device Software you want to support.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.